Per Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order, All eligible voters will receive absentee applications in the mail with paid return envelopes. Select “Temporary Illness” as the reason to receive an Absentee Ballot during the COVID-19 Health Crisis.
Absentee Accessible Voting Alert: Per Section 8-410 of Executive Order 202.26 the Ulster County Board of Elections at 284 Wall Street, Kingston has made a Ballot Marking Device available for Absentee Voting for those voters unable to mark their ballot privately and independently at an outside setting. This service is available Monday thru Friday from 9 AM -5 PM beginning Monday, May 18th, and ending Friday, June 12th.
To request an absentee ballot:
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail your Application to:
Ulster County Board of Elections
284 Wall Street
Kingston, NY 12401
Military / Overseas Information
- Federal Voting Assistance Program Website
- Military and Overseas Federal Voting Website
- Video – How To Vote Absentee when you are in the Military
- Absentee ballots must be requested; we will automatically be sending applications to all eligible Primary Election voters.
- NYS requires a “reason” to be eligible for an absentee ballot; Please check “Temporary Illness” if your reason is related to COVID-19.
- Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order which allows for “temporary illness” reason and emailed completed absentee ballot applications effects the June 23, 2020 Primary Election only.
- Applications will only be mailed to eligible Primary voters enrolled in a political party that has an active election contest. The June 23, 2020 Primary Election Ballot has not been determined yet.
- For additional information email email@example.com or call (845)334-5470
You may vote by absentee ballot if you will be:
- unavoidably absent from your county on Election Day
- unable to appear at the polls due to illness or disability
- a patient in a Veterans’ Administration Hospital
- detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony