To request an absentee ballot:
- Download an absentee ballot (English application)
- NYS Fillable Absentee ballot application
- Download an absentee ballot (Spanish application)
Mail your Application to:
Ulster County Board of Elections
284 Wall Street
Kingston, NY 12401
Your completed absentee ballot application must be received at the local Ulster County Board of Elections by close of business on October 27, or if sending by mail, on or before October 27. After that, voters can continue to apply for absentees in person at the Ulster County Board through the close of business on Monday, November 2. Voters may also vote in person from October 24th to November 1st at our early voting centers.
If a voter chooses to vote by absentee, they should expect to receive a ballot with two envelopes, an inner oath envelope and an outer return envelope. Once the ballot is marked and placed in the inner envelope, it is critical that the voter sign, and date the inner absentee ballot envelope on the space provided and seal it. That is placed in the outer envelope, which has the Board’s return mail information printed on it, and returned to the Board of Elections. Absentee ballots applications must be postmarked or returned to the Ulster County Board of Elections no later than October 27, 2020.
Military / Overseas Information
- Federal Voting Assistance Program Website
- Military and Overseas Federal Voting Website
- Video – How To Vote Absentee when you are in the Military
- Absentee ballots must be requested.
- For additional information email email@example.com or call (845)334-5470
You may vote by absentee ballot if you will be:
- unavoidably absent from your county on Election Day
- unable to appear at the polls due to illness or disability
- a patient in a Veterans’ Administration Hospital
- detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony