To request an absentee ballot you may apply for one in any of the following ways:
- Download an absentee ballot (English application)
- NYS Fillable Absentee ballot application
- Download an absentee ballot (Spanish application)
- Handicapped Accessible Electronic Absentee Ballot Application
Mail your Application to:
Ulster County Board of Elections
284 Wall Street
Kingston, NY 12401
If a voter chooses to vote by absentee, they should expect to receive a ballot with two envelopes, an inner oath envelope and an outer return envelope. Once the ballot is marked and placed in the inner envelope, it is critical that the voter sign, and date the inner absentee ballot envelope on the space provided and seal it. That is placed in the outer envelope, which has the Board’s return mail information printed on it, and returned to the Board of Elections.
Military / Overseas Information
- Download Milliary/Overseas Voter Application
- Federal Voting Assistance Program Website
- Military and Overseas Federal Voting Website
- Video – How To Vote Absentee when you are in the Military
- Absentee ballots must be requested.
- For additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845)334-5470
You may vote by absentee ballot if you will be:
- unavoidably absent from your county on Election Day
- unable to appear at the polls due to illness or disability
- a patient in a Veterans’ Administration Hospital
- detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability (temporary illness includes being unable to appear due to risk of contracting or spreading a communicable disease like COVID-19).
- Unable to appear because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.