The following information is provided as a resource to candidates, if you have any questions please call our office at 845-334-5470.
Please visit the State Board of Elections website for more information on State and Federal office.
Previous Year’s Ballot Access Requirements
2021 Ballot Access Requirements to come.
Getting on the Ballot
- Sample Designating Petition
- Sample Independent Nominating Petition
- Sample Opportunity to Ballot Petition
- Sample Cover Sheet
- Certificate of Acceptance
- Certificate of Declination
- Certificate of Substitution
- Certificate of Authorization
- * 2021 1.5% Signature Requirements (Town-Ward-District order)
- 2021 1.5% Signature Requirements (Ulster County Legislative District order)
- 2020 1.5% Signature Requirements for Assembly District, Judicial Delegate Petitions
Effective January 1st, 2020 all candidates must file directly with the New York State Board of Elections.