The following information is provided as a resource to candidates, if you have any questions please call our office at 845-334-5470.
Please visit the State Board of Elections website for more information on State and Federal office.
- New: 2022 Month by Month Political Calendar
- New: Revised and adopted 2022 Congressional District Map
- New: Revised and adopted 2022 New York State Senate District Map
- Requirements if Filing paperwork (petitions, acceptances, authorization, caucus notices, etc) by mail
Sample Ballots for the *June 28th Primary Election
*Primary Elections are only for voters who belong to a political party where two or more candidates are seeking to become the General Election party nominee. All registered Democrats and Republicans in Ulster County are eligible to participate in the June 28, 2022 Primary Election. Winners of each Primary will appear on the November 8th General Election Ballot. Each Sample Ballot includes the relevant geographical identification for voters under the Sheet Number on the bottom center/right.
What Elected Offices will be on the Ballot in 2022?
2022 Designating Petition Filings
2022 Independent/OTB Petition Filings
Petition Objection Forms
2022 Caucus Notice Filings
Filing information will be uploaded at the end of each business day.
Getting on the Ballot
There are two pathways to get on the ballot in Ulster County. Some town political parties conduct Party Caucuses for local offices, but not all parties participate. The alternative to a party caucus is the petition process. If you are unsure which process to follow please contact the Ulster County Board of Elections at 845-334-5470.
- Sample Designating Petition
- Sample Independent Nominating Petition
- Sample Opportunity to Ballot Petition – *Note new OTB law changes* OTB petition will only allow write-in of a candidate “enrolled in such party. A write-in ballot cast in a party primary for a candidate not enrolled in such party shall be void and not counted.” New rule also requires OTB committee to receive notice; members must file Certificate of Acceptance.
- Sample Cover Sheet – Required only when there are 10 or more pages in your Petition
- Certificate of Acceptance
- Certificate of Declination
- Certificate of Substitution
- Certificate of Authorization
- 2022 – 5% Signature Requirements (Town-Ward-District order)
- 2022 – 5% Signature Requirements for Assembly District, Judicial Delegate Petitions
- 2022 – 5% Signature Requirements for Independent Nominating Petitions
Effective January 1st, 2020 all candidates must file directly with the New York State Board of Elections.